Saturday, June 22, 2013

Damselfly in my backyard

  since I'm a wee bit *obesessed with photographing these guys (and gals;), I thought it time to learn more about them:


this seriously is the heaviest paperback book I've ever lifted?  Tons of photos, those glossy pages must weight a lot :)  It's a no wonder, this book illustrates ALL 336 of the species of dragonflies and damselflies of the easter United States.  Did you know that until this book arrived to me a few days ago, I thought there was just ONE; you know, but with lots of color options:D  And did you know that the general species of dragonfly is called odonates? (you know, like we are all homosapiens; well, most of us anyway;).....I confess that I've never heard the word "odonate" prior to receiving this very heavy paperback book a few days ago:)



No comments: