Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tea Tree Oil Face Cream

Notice that I put the date that I need to use it by. Usually 30 days.
Tea Tree Oil Face Cream
Makes 4 ounces
40 grams Rose Hydrosol
18 grams Jojoba Oil
10 grams Shea Butter
10 grams Sesame Oil
10 grams Sweet Almond Oil
6 grams Pumpkin Seed Oil
4 grams Cocoa Butter
10 grams grams Emulsifying Wax NF
3 grams Stearic Acid
2 grams Tea Tree Oil
1 gram Grapefruit Seed Extract (preservative)


Add the Rose Hydrosol, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Sesame Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifying Wax and Stearic Acid to a metal or glass container set in a double boil. Heat the ingredients to 180 degrees and hold for 10 minutes, whisking gently frequently.  Remove from heat and allow to cool to 100 degrees.  Add in the Tea Tree Oil and Grapefruit Seed Extract. Blend well and transfer to a 4 ounce container and allow to cool completely. The mixture will seem rather thin, however, as it cools it will thicken.   Use within 30 days. Never use your finger to obtain product. I like to use a clean spoon or spatula.  I use about a pea sized amount for my entire face and I avoid my eye area and lips.


You will find all the necessary ingredients to make this cream over at Mountain Rose Herbs.   
recipe from: http://www.freshpickedbeauty.com/2011/06/tea-tree-oil-face-cream.html

No comments: