Sunday, August 25, 2013

adventures in dolphins and boating

so yesterday (8-24-13), we said goodbye to our old boat...J's had this since he was 23.  He had it while living in Ohio, Washington, Michigan, Wisconsin, and South Carolina.  I know we as a family have had a lot of wonderful memories on here, and I'm certain he has before family as well;)  Buddy LOVED LOVED LOVED boating (despite the fact that J threw him in the middle of the lake, thinking he could just swim....btw, I made J go in with him, and J got all scratched up as poor Buddy panicked...J learned his lesson:)


But of course we now have a new (to us) boat, and we're already building lot of memories.  We took it out for the second time this year today....surrounded by pelicans and at least 20 dolphins (sorry, I wasn't too quick with the camera today;)  I got one shot though:)  I can't begin to tell you just how fun boating is down here (ok, stressful for the captain who has to get used to these waters, but we'll get there), and how amazing the warm breezes and sea salt air feels on the face...I now KNOW what all the "it's a salt life" bumber stickers around here mean!!!  It really is a salt life down here, and it's amazing!  I'm very grateful my girls are growing up in coastal South Carolina!





No comments: