Tuesday, August 20, 2013

today's happenings:

in today's news:

We do some light curriculum, when it resonates with us. But I also give the girls a lot of freedom to explore and create...without directing their every moment. While I was doing Kundalini yoga, they were playing Barbies...that creative interaction together will carry them far in life. Their Barbie time together apparently sparked a new project. Yesterday Little Angel asked me for something on the computer like a blank page....so I introduced her to word. Now I found them sitting together, co-creating a script for a television. They are currently working on characters and character description/development; something their English Major mama has talked with them about during "our" time.

I think it's just amazing to observe children and their innate creative process in motion. I'm just not creative enough to come up with the things they do!!! And that is why I think it's so important to balance "class" time and free time!!' 


 
I don't always have an easy time doing my Kundalini yoga routine....it's met with fluffy resistence:)

the morning Barbie session:)

Blue Moon tonight!  crystals are getting a nice cleanse and charge!

the end:)

No comments: