Monday, August 2, 2010

An Evening at the Beach












J's been working late hours, seven days a week since the day we arrived. He came into the midst of a messy project. (Had we moved down sooner, the project would be in much better shape by now:) So, last night I thought it would be nice to go have dinner on the beach, just to give him a well-deserved break amongst all his work-related chaos. So, we brought my little smoky joe grill I've had since I was in my mid 2o's, a bag of charcoal and a lighter, and fired her up and got those Morning Star Veggie Burger grillers a sizzlin'!!! Following a wonderful cookout with incredible scenery, sounds and breezes, we went to the water to play! I personally took some time to myself and let J play with the girls, as I sat on my beach chair and just relaxed and enjoyed the setting sun and watching my family from a distance (I get great pleasure out of just sitting back and watching them!).
However, my tranquility was suddenly disturbed when I saw J running to the edge of the shore, hopping up and down frantically splashing water between his legs? Yes I was concerned, but I didn't immediately run down. However, Fairy Girl excitedly ran up to me (laughing and smiling) "mama, daddy got stung by a jelly fish!!!!!! Daddy got stung by a jelly fish!!!!!" Ok, I finally got off my chair to see how bad, and also sent a message to FB-Land for advice, and the numerous comments were overwhelming! Quick pee on it!! Vinegar if you have any, and peeing on it works too! Yep, you need to put vinegar on it, or pee on it---no joke. I was going to say pee. PEE. If you have something like "pee" or vinegar, get some as soon as you can. I see we've all learned something from Survivor, eh:) PEEEEEEEEEEEEE. No don't pee, urine can cause more venim to be injected if there are more stingers. Vinegar works to neutralize, but if it's a jelly fish imposter, it could make it worse. Rinse with salt water, no fresh water. My husband was stung by a jelly fish in Hawaii, we were told to pee on it by the natives. Pee on it, another vote, and take px to show us how the sting looks. Pee on it, seriously PEE ON IT!
So there you have it folks, so many of my friends have quickly come to my husband's aide--and I can't thank them enough for caring so much:D I did of course know about this remedy, as I was a big fan of FRIENDS. I also knew about the vinegar, because I was at this state park's website, and there are big warnings about the jelly fish and sting rays. They tell you to carry a spray bottle of vinegar in your beach bag---which was seriously on my to do list.
So, I'm sure you're still wondering if we heeded the advice of all my wonderful friends????




1 comment:

Julie said...

So did you pee on it?