Friday, December 31, 2010

My Inspiration Rooms





What are these?  Well, these are my inspiration rooms!  It's not big secret, that we sold our house in Wisconsin!!!  Before we left, we buried St. Joseph, upside-down, right by the realty sign.  Guess what?  We had THREE offers in the first four months and we finally accepted the third offer!!  Let's just say, that in this economy, we were VERY lucky!  Plus, a TON of people came through our house--which is not the norm!  We closed on our house this week--we are done--no more bills for an unoccupied house, no more shoveling:D  And we are very very grateful---Thank you St. Joseph!

Well, we were SO pleased with St. Joseph's magic, that I obtained another St. Joseph statue (since it wasn't  practical to unbury my original one, and not too polite to ask my wonderful realtor, who had already gone way beyond the call of duty with us )--anyway, I felt that if St. Joseph could help us sell our home, maybe he could help us purchase one!!    And that is all I have to say about that for now--you will just have to wait:D

However, in the mean time, the above-photos (except the last, which is from a house we considered) are from a WI friend's home--her house is so beautifully-decorated (and yes I LOVE hardwood flooring---I mean LOVE hardwood flooring--adds so much warmth and character to any home!)  So for those who haven't yet figured out our tastes, we are rustic people--and my colors are autumn, especially burnt orange:D 

I have two tests a home must pass before I know it would be MY home; ok three:)
     1.  Can we envision beautiful campfires in the backyard?
     2.  Can I envision a Christmas tree in the house?
     3.  J and I would have to instantly just *know* that's our home!

That's all you get for now, stay-tuned!


 

 

No comments: