Sunday, June 21, 2015

Wishing all the wonderful dads, here and in Heaven....a blessed and beautiful Father's Day!

There is so much to celebrate and honor today, and I'm so grateful! Here's a shout out to three of my favorite dads!
Two years ago, just a few days before Father's Day, my own dad received a very unexpected cancer diagnosis....and he fought hard and beat it...I can't tell you what it means to me today to not only have him with us, but to be able to celebrate Father's Day with him at two of his favorite places....an Italian restaurant, followed by the beach! This is the first time in many years that I get to celebrate with my dad in person....because a few months ago...my parents moved to SC, just a hop, a skip, and a Sun City security gate away;)
And to my father in law, age 92. Although we don't live in the same state, I'm so grateful we get to spend as much time as we do with you...Florida is not all that far; and Ohio (it's a little farther), but not too far either. My girls get to grow up with both sets of grandparents...as did I, what a blessing!
My father in law raised six wonderful children, has six amazing grandchildren, and five beautiful great grandchildren. A year ago, just one day after Father's Day, he very unexpectedly lost Peter, his middle son, while Peter was having a beautiful vacation in Alaska.
Peter is seated with his two brothers in the picnic table photo (in the dark blue shirt). Honoring Peter today, as well!

And (finally), to my own husband. He is an amazing best friend, husband, and father....And it's and honor and adventure to be his wife! And five years ago on Father's Day, we packed our household in that really big truck in the photo below, we hooked up the boat, the camper, two young kiddos and a golden retriever, leaving WI for SC on our newest adventure...oh, and we headed to South Carolina with no place to live (at least he had a job lined up;)

Happy Father's Day; embrace each moment!





No comments: