Friday, January 17, 2014

Tumeric Beverages:

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Tumeric.  In fact, a few months ago, a trusted friend highly recommened I begin drinking her recipe for Golden Milk.  Tumeric is said to be very healing and supportive for the body.  I confess, although I ran right out and purchased an expensive organic jar of this pretty looking spice (at least 3 months ago), it has been sitting on my kitchen counter since.  You see, I'm kind of chicken :D  At least when it comes to trying a spice, such as an Indian spice, as I like my drinks sweet.  Well, I decided it's time to come out of my shell, be brave, live on the edge...and tonight's the big night!  Tumeric is apparently a sister of ginger, and more tame.  I think I can manage that.  And as long as I can add a little honey and cinnamon, and incorporate it into my warmed vanilla almond milk, I'm quite certain I may actually learn to not just like it, but love it!  That said, here are two more recipes (mostly the same).  I'll just figure out which formula I like best:) 

I got this:)  I mean, just how scary can a new spice actually be:)



Tumeric Beverages:

1. Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups milk, almond milk, soy milk, hemp milk, or rice milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • Dash of nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, ground or freshly grated ginger, or saffron
  • 2 teaspoons raw honey

Directions

1.     Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir in turmeric and nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, or saffron, as desired. Cook until milk is heated through. Remove from heat and divide milk mixture evenly between two heatproof glasses; stir in honey and serve.

2. Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp ginger

Directions
Heat the almond milk in a microwave, stir in the spices and drizzle the honey on top.
turmerictea2

No comments: