Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Art Gallery

Ok, I know this doesn't look like much, but it's actually a really big deal! My daughter who just turned four, is a self-proclaimed non artist. I'm sure she could draw and color if she tried, but everytime I make a simple suggestion or even draw a picture for her to color she says "I can't, I only know how to scribble!" So even at her annual well-checks when they ask if she can draw a circle or a square, etc--I just say yes, because I think she's being stubborn and not doing it. Well, the photo below shows her usual two second attempts at artwork (she's just not interested in art at this point, that's all--she's my "atheletic" one:). But this one above, is her first real drawing! In case you don't recognize it, it's a kitty cat!






And then there's my non athelete--but totally artistic daughter--she's been making VERY detailed drawings since the age of two (I'm disappointed there wasn't room for us in the art class at Mt. Mary--she would have loved that--I'll have to do a self search). Anyway, the above two drawings are hers. I love her use of colors!

No comments: