Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Basse's Pumpkin Farm










What can I say except I LOVE pumpkins:) The day started out very dreary and drizzly--I was just about to build a cozy campfire to cuddle up with my girls when the SUN CAME OUT! I decided to go outside and move the Sienna in anticipation of the Fed Ex delivery of the new organic mattresses and box springs for the girls' new log beds--and I was shocked to discover, not only was the sun out, but it was WARM too--like almost 70 degrees! Thankfully the delivery came just on time, because we thought, let's get outside and play. So what better to do than to hit the pumpkin farm--again:) This one is right by our house (in fact you can even see our doctors' office behind the farm in one of the pictures). The girls enjoyed the fun playground and the little barn they built for the kids, and most importantly--hay--lots and lots of hay:) After we got done playing for awhile we went into the little country store and bakery and purchased a snack to bring back outside (the girls picked out a pumpkin and lady bug sugar cookie--I just had popcorn--I've been getting sugared out with all of my baking as of late (I say this as I eat a hard boiled egg and a piece of my apple pie for lunch:). Anyway, fun beautiful day--now I better hurry and wash their new sheets and bed skirts so I can get them on the line--there's a nice breeze today too!

No comments: