Saturday, October 24, 2009

I See the Writing on the Wall




And I don't like it! My dining room and living room has been loaded with the girls' new unassembled bedroom furniture, for a couple of weeks now (we've been waiting for everything to arrive). Once the mattresses and box springs arrived, the girls decided it would be fun to use them as their play ground (they are leaning on their sides)--not safe, and not good for VERY expensive organic mattresses. We recognize they will be used and abused once their beds are set up--but while they are leaning on their sides is not ok with me:) So after several times of asking and telling them to stop, I sent them to their rooms. They asked if they could go into one room together, and naive me said "yes." And above you see the results of two little girls, close in age, having a "time out" together in one bedroom. No they aren't twins, and I don't know what that's like, but I really don't think this is much different than what having twins (at this stage) would be like! My lesson has been learned--and J's too (for leaving crayons in Fairy's room!) Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is waiting to get to work (and two days later, still waiting--this is going to take awhile:) I think we should get a couple of more and put the girls to work!

No comments: