Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread/ Muffins



3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin
1-1/4 cup oil
1-1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
opt. add or replace with nuts, chopped cranberries

--In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.  In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil.  Stir into dry ingredents, just until moistened.  Fold in chocolate chips.
 Pour into two greased loaf pans.  Bake 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes, or til toothpick comes out clean.  (I also made a batch with mini muffins--about 8-10 minutes bake time--and regular sized muffins, about12-15 minutes bake time.)

3 comments:

tabrandt said...

I noticed your comments on my wife's blog so I thought I would check yours out as well and I must say that WOW this pumpkin bread looks fantastic... I most certainly hope my wife, Debbie, read this post -- hint - hint.

Our Blessed Journey said...

Hi Tom:) Since this is NOT a bread-maker bread, I think it is safe to assume Debbie could whip you up a yummy and successful loaf:)

Debbie said...

The wife has finally read it! :)

Yes it does look really good - did he tell you he is on a diet though! He can't have this. His work is doing a biggest loser campaign and he could win $500 if he stops eating! He has lost some weight but 3 to 4 pound won't win the contest!