Sunday, October 3, 2010

October Evening--Dinner on the Beach

We had a wonderful dinner on the beach---followed by sand and seatime.  We did this in bathing suits.  It's OCTOBER!  Clearly we no longer live on Lake Michigan:)  October in South Carolina is just beautiful!!!!!!!  Angel Girl--aka, my little mermaid---is clearly very free in the sea.  I never see her smile so much and look so free as I do when I see her in the ocean.  She LOVES the crashing waves, jumping in them, playing in the, and letting them knock her over.  I mean it, she LOVES it--she feels so at home in the ocean.  I really think there's something to her mermaid art obessession--I'm beginning to wonder what happened to her fin?

See the beautiful sunset?  I'd love to say that I captured this over the Atlantic, but if you're paying attention, you'd know I was lying:)  We were headed out when I saw the full beautiful ball of fire.  I instructed J to hurry and pull over so I could capture that moment.  He crossed a very short bridge, I jumped out of the Sienna as it was still moving (literally) and the sun was already half down!  The girls were counting to see how long it took for the sun to go down:)  What a beautiful family night!  We plan on trying to make this a Sunday evening ritual when possible--even when it gets too "chilly" for bathing suits.  I LOVE the crashing waves!  (as an aside we drove around some super wooded, very out-of-the-way neighborhoods, with homes in the woods and on the beach.  We may have to look into that:)

No comments: