Sunday, October 3, 2010

Scenes from Our Town Shrimp Fest (I may not eat shrimp, but I like craft fairs:)














The girls and I stopped by our two day town shrimp fest on Friday afternoon.  The crafters are there during the day, and that's the part of our town festivals that I personally enjoy.  This was a great time to go, as people were in work/school, so it wasn't yet crowded.  That night though, was a whole different story.  Major Dan (from Forrest Gump) came into town to give a concert with his  band for the festival.  This was his first time back since filming Forrest Gump here (the Vietnam scenes were filmed right on MY island and Hunting Island where we go to the beach all the time:).  It also worked out to go in the afternoon, as the girls got a chance to go onto the shrimp boat.  I'm sure the evening crowds would have prevented that.  Anyway, I told J, I wasn't interested in going to the concert (because I could see people lining up their chairs early afternoon, so I knew it would be a madhouse), but if he wanted to take the girls, he was more than welcome.  Thankfully, their girlfriends came over and played from across the street, so he went on his own and met a friend from work.  There was NO parking for miles.  He actually wound up parking across the bridge on our island, and walked over the long bridge to go over there--and then he couldn't even get into the concert.  That would NOT have been fun with the girls.  The good news is, he hit a Friday night car show on the way--so that made him happy.  The bad news is, I don't think he got any shrimp at the shrimp fest:(

No comments: