Thursday, February 28, 2013

another first

today was the first day I painted, NOT using Crayola Washable Paints :D  You see, I am NOT an artist...in fact, I absolutely detested art classes, seriously!  (or maybe it was my art teacher?  I can't remember..I don't think she was all that bad, but I don't recall her really inspiring me...or maybe it was just me, it probably was:)  anyway, I digress....as I've been saying, I have my very first craft fair coming...not only am I preparing bracelets and the table display, but I figured I should have some sort of banner.  I've literally had a blank canvas sitting here for months...but alas, the time is now:

Photo: Seriously, wish me luck...this is NOT my thing (even with stencils;). But I do know how to pick awesome colors...teal and burnt orange!!!
as you can see, I have LOTS of non artisty cheating methods lined up: 3 D inspirational word stickers; oil pencils, fun stencils, craft paper, and mod podge....hopefully, out of all this stuff, I can come up with something, anything?
 Photo: Point of no return :O 
point of no return
 Photo: Waiting......
so just how long do i have to sit here and wait for this stuff to dry?

stay tuned!


No comments: