Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day: Homeschool Association Party

We had a gathering of homeschooled students at the library, from our "social" association.  We had a Valentine's Party!



In preparation for the party, all the parents had their kids make Valentine's boxes at home, and put their names on the boxes.


the next logical step was to fill the boxes with valentines!

They received a variety of cards, pencils, candies, and chocolates...everything that comprises Valentine's Day (that and hearts:)


I confess we never actually go down to the library a whole lot....we have a TON of books...I'm more of a book buyer than a library borrower (yes, I know, shame on this English Major!).  My girls both LOVE to read, so they are NOT deprived, as we have NO shortage of books;)  Obviously it had been awhile, because my card was outdated....oh, and see Fairy Girl there....she just learned how to check her self out.  I had NO idea they were doing that sort of thing now:D  In fact, the librarian asked me (as I was waiting for her to check me out:), if I had a fine to pay or something, because apparently everybody knows you check yourself out in this day and age....everybody except ME!

Little Angel went to a book club, Fairy girl worked on the computer in the kids' section.  They had a room with treats, people brought food in...I kind of admit to being a germ a foid :), when I see community food, sitting out in the open at two year old level...but that's just me...I selfishly value my sleep too much to bother with sick kids if I don't have to;)  (ya, I know, get over myself and start living in the real world).....but no worries, my children were not at all deprived....

We headed over to our beloved Parrot's Cove (where everybody knows our name:), and had ourselves a tasty treat!  

The End (until daddy comes home....who will hopefully be armed with more goodies;)

No comments: