Saturday, April 27, 2013

Homemade Body Wash



Ingredient List:
  • 1 part Bronner’s Castile Soap. I like Dr. Bronner’s because it is very concentrated and you can buy lots of different kinds. Some castile soaps are not as concentrated and they get too watered down.
  • 1 part water
  • 1 tablespoon of almond oil
  • 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oil.
I combine these in an 8 oz bottle (available at any health food store and probably other places as well, or recycle an old shampoo bottle).
Step 1: Add the almond oil.
Step 2: Add the essential oils and gently swirl to mix.
Step 3: Add the water – this is as simple as filling the bottle half full of water. Note: when I make this for myself, I like to use a bit less water and more castile soap. Also, I leave out the almond oil because I like more suds.
Step 4: Add the castile soap until the bottle is almost full.
Once you have combined all of the ingredients, gently shake the bottle to mix.
That’s it! I told you it was very easy! I like to experiment with different kinds of essential oils. For my kids I really like the gentle, soothing aroma of lavender oil. For myself, I most often use clary sage because I really love how it smells. You could try eucalyptus, sandalwood, mandarin, or any other of your favorite oils; you could even get creative and try a blend!
There you have it… a very cheap, very quick way to clean your skin with a product that is “clean” (or not loaded with harmful chemicals).  

http://www.mommahealth.com/a-chemical-free-healthy-baby-body-wash-to-clean-your-skin.htm

No comments: