Friday, April 12, 2013

Moisturizing Body Butter

Body Butter
1 cup shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond oil (you can substitute olive oil, jojoba oil, any organic, liquid oil that is healthy.)

1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. 
Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
2. Stir in almond oil and essential oils of your choosing. 
I added probably 20 to 25 drops of Lavender oil, but when it was finished it was still
hard to even smell. Next time I will use more.
3. Wait until oils start to partially solidify…. 
I put mine on the back porch to cool.
(Yes, that is snow on the ground ).
Didn’t take long. :-)
……then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved. 
This should only take a few minutes.
4. Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy! A little goes a long way.
So for the last two days I have been using this stuff every chance I get! At first it felt really strange to put on because as soon as it comes in contact with the heat of your skin, it basically melts and feels….well…oily.  Imagine that! lol.  But after working it into my skin for a few seconds, the oily feeling is gone and it just feels smooth and moisturized! If I need to handle something right away after putting it on, I would just wipe off the palms of my hands slightly, just so I didn’t get my cell phone (or whatever) oily.
That is my first experience with Body Butter! Suffice it to say…my body LOVES it!
UPDATE: March 6, 2012
I wanted to just post a short “update” of sorts to this post and reiterate how much I am loving this stuff!  When I first looked at my four jars of this stuff I thought I’m NEVER going to be able to use it all! Like I said above…a little goes a long way when you’re just rubbing it occasionally on your hands, etc.  But lately I have started literally SLATHERING myself with it when I get out of the shower (I probably use a good 1/4 cup!) and then letting it “soak in” while I dry and style my hair and do my make up. By the time I get dressed it’s no longer oily and my skin feels SOOOO soft!!!  Now THAT’S what body butter is supposed to do!  I think. :-) 

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/make-your-own-moisturizing-body-butter.html

No comments: