Friday, March 12, 2010

Books and Soup---yum and yum!




We had a fun outing today. My mission was to find a couple of St. Patrick's Day type of things for the girls to wear for tomorrow. They'll be riding on my band float with me for the Milwaukee and the Wauwatosa parades. After, we hope to shoot up to Madison for a benefit for a friend's boy http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1553208757#!/event.php?eid=10150094036365542&index=1

We first went to a book store and hung out for awhile (and found a bunch of books for the girls---I tried to find some that Little Angel can work on reading all by herself! This is really fun, with BOTH girls starting to read--it's really very exciting for all of us!!! The looks on their faces are just beautiful when they read words or sentences!!! After the book store, we walked across the parking lot to Champps for some lunch. I had that VERY LARGE bowl of potato soup. The bad news is, holy moly, it's so large and filling, I was full after only about 1/3 of the way through or less. The good news is, I brought the rest home, and will feed it to J for dinner, so now I'm off the hook!!! Although I really miss the baby and toddler days, the girls are at such a wonderful age where we can do things like this easily and without the issues associated with younger ages:)

1 comment:

Julie said...

what "younger" issues? LOL!

I'm glad that they are reading, though, that's fantastic! :)