Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How Sad is This...

This is Aleena, sipping her lemonade.


This is Sara, enjoying a bite of grilled cheese.


This is mama, misbehaving, as always!


So we wound up having breakfast/lunch (some would call it brunch, it was basically lunch because I never got around to making breakfast:) at the Atlanta Bread Store. My choice turned out to be not so wise--we happened to arrive at the height of the lunch rush--not a big deal, but it becomes one with impatient people and small children. The menu is way up front where you order, so there isn't a lot of time to decide; and even though I gave the girls two choices (pb & J or grilled cheese)--it still took time with two of them. And then I wound up with a very drab grilled cheese, only because of the pressure of the line behind me, and the impatient elderly woman immediately behind me (had I had a chance to really look, I would have seen the new Vegetarian Mediterranian sandwich melt, which I would have appreciated a lot more--I'm not a grilled cheese fan). So we finished our orders, I tried to gather my girls and my stuff and the elderly woman was literally pushing into me to get her order in----seriously, we didn't take THAT long! Ok--next I had to find a table and get our beverages filled---I tried to get the girls seated (next to the beverage dispenser---and let the impatient elderly couple through first --but the girls didn't want to sit by themselves in the crowded restaurant---then those goofy child proof cups with the lids and the large hard plastic straws were impossible --ughhh). So we finally sat down to enjoy lunch, including the girls' girls----the girls are slower, so I got to enjoy some people-watching and reading:) Since they have Wi Fi there, I noticed a business man sitting at a tall table--by himself---talking at his computer---I was cracking up!! This went on for the longest time, and it just looked hilarious---he was obviously in a meeting or something with his web-cam, but I've just never seen someone doing that in public, by himself:)

Anyway, why was this sad? Because as of late the only blogging material I can come up with is going out to eat? We are SO ready for a change--we are not indoor people; I've lived in WI too long and need a change of scenery--and I'm a MUCH better mom to my kids when we spend a great deal of time outdoors:D



We then headed over to the library----Sara and Aleena were quite well-behaved. Angel and Fairy were much more interested in the box of puppets than in the books--but we did get some reading in. Angel picked out a Dick and Jane book--so exciting, haven't seen that since I was about her age!! Fairy, on the other hand, chose a Berenstein Bears book---I cannot tell you how BORED I am with that series--those books literally irritate me (same with Clifford; neither J nor I can STAND Emily Elizabeth!) I don't like children's series--I much prefer the variety of books NOT associated with a series.


...that the only material I can find for blogging as of late is eating out at restaurants? We REALLY need a change :D Well, we're planning a special field trip tomorrow, hopefully I'll have a more interesting post for you.

No comments: