Friday, September 17, 2010

"Story" of the week: Our Amazing Human Bodies, and the Things We Do



As promised, we are going to *attempt* to create a story each week, where I pick a general topic.
Unfortunately, our goals fell short of what most would define as an actual "story."  Rather, we have a topic, followed by some statements and observations by the girls.  There is a topic: the body.  However, we lack characters, settings, plot, conflict, and theme---so I guess we failed to write a story.  I'm not sure if we're ready to move beyond the world of mermaids yet.  But I know we'll get there.  Anyway, here is what we did produce--ideas--and I'm good with the girls learning how to brainstorm and produce ideas and working with their streams of consciousness---keep those creative juices flowing!
 



Miss Angel:
I like to stick my arms out, and stretch them!
I like waterfalls; they feel good on my body.
I like to think about words and letters and birthday cakes (because the cakes are yummy!)
I like to stand on a stool; I feel TALL!
I like to play.



 I like to go under the water, put my feet up and flip over, when in the pool.
I want to go to outerspace and see aliens!


 I would like to be a flower girl in a wedding, throwing flowers, wearing a pretty white dress.







 When I grow up, I'm going to be a rockstar, on stage; playing guitar and singing!



   Fairy Girl:
I like to put my body in the water, for swimming.
I like to put food in my body: broccoli; breakfast pizza; and I like to drink water.
I like to keep my body healthy.
I like to do cart wheels.
I want to fly.
I like to exercise.
I like a comfy seat for my body.
I like to watch a rainbow and maybe find a pot of gold with my eyes.  I'd like to find a beautiful rainbow that stays forever.  I will find a pot of gold and go to the grocery store everyday!

**note from the editor: last but not least: look at these marvelous creations of art my girls created with their bodies:)

No comments: