Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just Some Pre-Halloween Funnin'



Yes, this comes early:)  The girls and I took a trip to Bluffton/Hilton Head to go to Michael's.  Tomorrow is J's birthday, and I wanted to find a couple of little crafty things for the girls to color for their daddy.  And, I HAD to have a lighted twine pumpkin---he's sitting on my table now, and is adorable!  My girls and I LOVE Michael's.  I'm NOT a crafty person, but there's a wanna-be crafty person in me, so I guess I just like to hang out there and live through the truly crafty people vicariously:)  Maybe someday....  Anyway, we've been making plans for a fun fall trip to OH to visit family, and this has put me in the fall mood.  For the first time EVER I won't be able to experience my favorite time of the year----fall isn't the same here, and I will truly miss it.  But thankfully, our trip to Ohio should be timed at peak season (at least I hope) so I can still see the spetacular colors. 

The girls had fun trying on different "antler" type thingies, and they picked out a couple, especially for the Pumpkin Festival we will be attending in Ohio!  And, I came back to our house and decorated the family room in fall harvest and halloween already; yes I really did. Why?  we are just renting the house, and I really didn't want to hang anything on the walls or do too much here, so, I needed some comforts of color.  There, that makes it more alright, doesn't it?  (and no, I'm not the type to leave my Christmas lights strung out til Easter:D)

2 comments:

Julie said...

So what did you get for the pumpkin festival? Pumpkin antlers?? I wouldn't be surprised, but I can't imagine it.

Our Blessed Journey said...

I'M not wearing antlers:D If you double click on the scrapbk picture, the top rt corner with little Angel---she'll wear those--the bottom left corner with Fairy Girl--she'll wear the pumpkin "hat"