Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beach Day! (again:)

We had a wonderful day today.  It was 65 degrees (which is actually 15 degrees cooler than the crazy warm January weather we had last week!).  But it was a beautiful day to just play in the sand and relax to the sound of the waves.  John took a nice long walk ankle-deep in the cold water; the girls collected seashells and built sand "snow"men and sand castles; and I just sat in a place of BEing.  Well, at one point, I kind of got all excited and announced to the entire beach that I saw a dolphin jump (which I think the water's too cold for them right now, not sure on that one)....the girls ignored me as they were busy, a beach pedestrian looked at me like I forgot to take my meds (maybe I did?)....and I looked back out into the water, only to find out my beautiful dolphin was a pelican who was out fishing.  Time to check my prescription, ahem (or take my meds;)  

We then found this awesome potato on the beach!!!  See the picture below.  

And then we decided it was time to head out for some Lupper!  We hit Carraba's, which was just around the corner.  It was only my second time there ever...last time I was there, was in Cleveland....September of 2000 to be exact!  (Yes, I have an awful memory for insignificant details...but, I just happen to remember this particular event because we were there for J's high school reunion and had dinner with some of his friends and their wives.  There may have been one other time we at there.....thinking in January of 1999 for J's parents' 50th?  ...in Cleveland....not 100% positive on that one.  Anyway, dinner was yum...bread and dipping oil was TRES yup; and a great sunshiny day was had by all!  (and no, Piper stayed home this time, until we can figure out how to find constraints that he can't escape from;)

Here is a photographic recap of our day:


 Photo: Good morning
Piper...refusing to look at me because, you know, he knows he doesn't get to go:/

 






Doesn't this seriously look like a potato??????

The End......sort of:)

No comments: