Saturday, January 12, 2013

January at the Beach

The weather is GORGEOUS right now!  (I heard it's gorgeous up north too!)  We are sleeping with the windows open, the crickets and night critters are going strong...spring is definitely in the air! (ok, fine, it's always in the air down here;)  Today we decided to hit the beach.  We weren't the only ones.  There were MANY spectators......the sun was shining bright...but once we got down to the water, the fog was quite thick!  This was not morning fog, this was very thick...the air is much warmer than the water fog.  You couldn't even see the ocean until you walked right up to it.  It was low tide, so we had to walk through the tide pool to get up to the shore....brrrrrrr...reminds me of Lake Michigan..which is quite cold...all of the time!

We brought our doggy...who was surprisingly very good...until he got overstimulated by all the beach action: people, doggies, little people, foot balls, frizbies, sea gulls, crashing waves, etc etc...and then it was too much...before we even knew it, he slipped backwards right out of his halter and played his puppy antics.  But the problem with our dog is, when he's playing he has a very ferocious sounding growl, and he nibbles...and he chose to nibble on somebody's small dog puppy....(the puppy is fine)...but understandably the owner was angry.  So, sadly, after we finally gained control of our dog (i.e.  he finally decided to stop playing chase me....he sat and Little Angel was able to grab his collar).  This is upsetting to me that we can't take him to the beach....everybody else does:(   And I like to take walks on the beach, and it's nice to take him with.  I don't want to go through life without my taking dog for beach walks (and we were sitting when he slipped his halter, this is not the first time he's pulled this)...so I've come up with another plan: double leash...it will be awhile before he goes down to the coast again....maybe we'll try again next year:(, but I'm going to get another light weight leash....have one attached to his halter, and one to his collar.  That's the only thing I can think of.  

Anyway, what was supposed to be a nice beach day, turned into a bit of a stressor.  I guess I'll go meditate in my woods so I can let it go:)  But, here are some before the incident shots:

 







Ok, now for the woods...and then for another Packer Victory towards the Super Bowl!



No comments: