Monday, August 29, 2011

The 100 Days of Real Food Pledge

We've had a lot going on with us over the last few years; coupled with moving from one state to another, into a rented home and finally recently into our new home!!  But, all of that meant that we let go of some really good and healthy practices...regular exercise and healthy organic vegetarian (ok we're still vegetarians) real food eating habits.  Little by little I've been rebuilding a sense of normalcy back into our lives...better than ever for us though!  And little by little I'm building back in the once-very-healthy holistic living practices we've had.  And, little by little, we're going to get back to very healthy eating (as a vegetarian family, this often involves a lot of time on my end, to plan, shop and prepare...somehow on top of also being their full-time teacher, etc).  But, we are going to get there slowly but surely.  And, as always, when I'm thinking about something, the Divine always knows to send me help or a message in support of healthy changes. A few days ago an article popped up for a blog called "The 100 Days of Real Food Pledge."  This family, like us, family of four with two girls, our girls' ages!  And, as if that weren't enough, I've also (for the first time ever) decided to incorporate some fianancial discipline and budgeting into our lives....especially in light of all the costs associated with a major move and paying our mortage along with a high rental payment for several months.   So, for the first time ever, we want to budget, including groceries (The Duggars kind of influenced me too, I admit it, I kind of like them:)  So, I thought it would be interesting to see if we could try to have a grocery budget of $120 a week ....  well, surprise surprise, http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/category/100-days-of-real-food-on-a-budget/ (as it turns out, after te 100 days, she was relieved, as that was a pretty darned tight budget for heating that healthy--but she stuck with the $120/wk grocery budget).  So, we shall see....(but, I'm quite certain it's "cheaper" to be a vegetarian than a carnivoire:).

p.s. my pledge has not officially begun yet:)

No comments: