Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Mike and Ike's Crime....True Story

After being plagued with YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS (and I'm talking 25 years!) of guilt, it is time for me to confess to a crime in which I was a co-conspirator.  I cannot take the guilt of this crime any longer...when one holds onto something so heinous for so long, it eats away at one's ability to lead a normal existence...the guilt, the lies, the deceit...it always lies in wait...seemingly dormant but still seething into one's consciousness and daily existence.  That said, it is time!

Back in my senior year in high school, there was a grocery story, on 22nd avenue, in my home town in Wisconsin---the name of the store was Sentry.   Upon entering the grocery store, the first set of automatic doors opens to a room which houses carts and 25 cent candy machines (mostly bubble gum and superballs:)  However, this particular store also had a machine which housed Mike and Ikes!  My friend and I each put a quarter in, anxiously awaiting our prized small palmful of Mike and Ikes, when what to our very own eyes does appear!!!  An infinite flow of Mike and Ikes!!!!  We were SO excited about this gold mine which we discovered, that one of us ran back into the grocery store and ASKED for a large brown paper bag--which we proceeded to fill!  Jackpot!  

Well, a few days later, we returned, with another large paper bag and a quarter---and we hit the Jackpot---AGAIN!  We would return to my house with our prizes, over and over---and my mother actually stored (and probably wound up throwing away) many a Mike and Ike.

True Story!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I feel MUCH better now, not carrying this to my grave!   

No comments: