Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Scrunchies: Yay or nay?" (a friend's Facebook vote)

Well well, it appears, based on the jury's decision, that I am indeed, (shhhh) behind the times.  A friend posed a question on Facebook today, requesting whether scruchies are in or out.  Apparently they are SO OUT!  I'm going to quote some of the responses...since this is Facebook, and it's not exactly "private" I don't see an issue with this:)  (I will, however, keep the commenters' identities private...you know to protect the innocent (esp. those in FAVOR of scrunchies...there weren't many:(  Though, even those vehemently opposed do admit to still having a few in their collection:


Nay.....but I still have some :)

Only when I clean the house or do yard work, and then it's not so much a scrunchy as a pony holder with rhinestones! I'm fancy like that.

um, that's a FIRM yes for me---1. I don't have the thick beautiful hair you were all blessed with, so w/o work, it's lifeless, limp and matted to my head. 2. I LOVE where we love, and I will take fricken hot over bitter cold anyday---(and btw, the weather has been GOREGeous the last few days. But, one must be practical in "fricken hot:D)" 3. (and I just saw your last post)---I worked in a major corporate environment---and I still wore scrunchies--even in the days when we still had to wear suits:D  

lol. I love anything with rhinestones. There are lots of cute hair thingys. There are people at my work who actually wear the scrunchies to work - to an executive office.

Oh sorry (name left out to protect the innocent scrunchie sporter)  for just dissin' your scrunchies then. HAHA! i didn't see your post before I sent that. DITCH THEM! Lol........  

hee hee--it's ok--I think I'll be ok--maybe, after I call my therapist!

You are correct! There are so many choices when it comes to hair thingy's...(name left out to protect the innocent scrunchie sporter) ditch the scrunchies and get to the drug store and see! You will ooohhh and aaaahhhhh! I promise!  

I must share in my woes with you---currently, I am sporting not only a scrunchie--but one of those new popular head scarf thingies:D:D because my hair is so matted today--I have bunches of those--and those came out this year--I tried on some of those cool rhinestonie barrets, etc--they slip right out of my hair--because it's baby fine (though a lot of it)--but it's also super soft, and things just slide right out--even little girl barrets won't stay in--WHY GOD WHY???? :(

Take a pic of the scrunchie and scarf in your hair and post it. :)

YES!! I love scarves!

Scrunchies to a corporate job - negative (not that anyone will tell you to your face, but they look lazy and sometimes trashy). Regular hair ties that match the hair color = yes. Fun headbands = yes, but only if you can pull it off (no peacock feathers unless you're a damn diva and your clothing is classy but matches the style). I make fun of scrunchie girl at work. She looks like she just came here from garage sale shopping.

ya, I was that corporate scunchie girl, wearing scrunchies with suits:D but (in my defense:D) they weren't sloppy/ casual scrunchies--they were usually black with a little glitter on them---"fancy" scrunchies-----and I didn't wear them to work as pony tails, I wore them intermingled in my own hair as "buns"-- I just felt that that actually looked MORE professional than wearing my long hair down (perhaps I should have considered a more professional-looking hair style, than long and straight)--but I didn't, thus the "fancy" scrunchies!-



Yes, the jury has definitely made their decision, and thus I hang my scrunchie-infested scarf-sporting head in shame:/
     

No comments: